top of page

Beccles 7 - 1 Dereham 5s (02/03/24)

The score really did not reflect the game, as despite Beccles scoring a plethora of goals, mainly coming in the second half, they had to work hard to get and keep possession. Dereham had a mixture of young and experienced players, and they started the game very well. They were good at cutting out opposition passes, and at running at the defence with the ball. The defence did extremely well to keep Dereham out, and it was good to see the return of Tina at left defence after several weeks out following her shoulder injury. However, it was Beccles who eventually opened the scoring after 26 minutes, when Ruth Swann went on a run down the right side of the pitch, into the D and cracked the ball into the goal. Soon after Jodie Sharp positioned just outside the d, sent the ball to Debbie Mann who struck the ball first time into the back of the net and the score remained 2-0 at half time. Dereham got one back early in the second half, and it looked like this was going to be a very tough game and Beccles had to work hard. Beccles really got it together in the second half, putting together some good close team passes and using the unmarked player to their advantage. Hannah Devine gained ground down the left side, and then put in some great balls into the D where Ellie Kirby on the post only had to slot the ball into the open goal. Another of Ellie’s goal she had to work much harder, as she beat the defence and the approaching keeper making her a tally of 4 goals all in the second half. Jodie Sharp got the other goal for Beccles. Obviously, these goals could not have been possible had it not be for a great team effort by all the players. So, after a bit of a shaky start, Beccles came out clear winners, although Dereham made them work for it.

Team: Ellie, Debbie, Gemma, Emma, Jodie, Hannah D, Marie, Ruth, Mandy, Tina, Hannah R, Sara and Lorraine.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page